Thursday 20 March 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hi there

A really short post from me this evening.  I had a busy start to the week in the office, and then yesterday, Mark and I took the day off to go to the Ideal Home Exhibition.

We had a great day.  I'm afraid I was particularly excited to buy a "spinny" mop.  I know, slightly odd, but life would be boring if we were all the same!  We bought a few other bits too, mainly for me - a new hairbrush and ceramic curling tongs, and a new scarf.  

Mark had his musical portrait played!  Quite an unusual concept where a small group of musicians asked him a few questions, looked at him, and then improvised a piece of music which they felt represented him.  Quite a unique experience.

I wish now I had taken my camera.

I've also had a great day today, back in London too.  I probably won't go back for the next 6 months!  Mum and I had booked to go to see Billy Elliott.  Neither of our husbands fancied it, so it was a just us.  A nice lunch and then we saw the matinee performance.

Again, I didn't think to take my camera, and wish I had.  The show was fantastic, and the theatre was really beautiful.

Hopefully the sun will come back for the weekend, and I can take my camera and share some photos, as I'm definitely better at photography than writing!

Hope you're having a good week.

Sara x

4 comments:

  1. You are good at writing! I love the idea of this spinny mop! You will have to show us a picture when you get a chance, it sounds very intriguing. Glad that you have had some fun days out, the musical portrait sounds like a very unusual idea!! Hope that you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've been having a very nice time. I want to get an interesting curling iron or flat iron, something...they're so cool now. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week Sara. Glad you've had such a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had a great week Sara! I haven't been to the IHE for a couple of years but its always very exciting! I have never heard of musical portaits before.
    Glad you had a good day, I bet you were tired at the end!
    And then the theatre too - that should set you up for a while, two London trips in a row!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend Sara
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete