Sunday 1 February 2015

January Round Up

Hi

I think I will try and post a collage photo at the end of each month.  Please feel free to remind me if I forget!  It might also prompt me to make sure that I keep my scrap book up to date (or at least don't get too far behind!)  It will be good for me to have a round up of each month through the year.

January has been a mixed month for me - but this is my happy space, so I won't bore you with the rubbish bits.  But looking back through it, there has been lots to be happy for, and I am looking forward to this new phase in my life.  I don't think it will be easy, some of the changes are unknown, and there will be be many challenges, but I am ready to move on and embrace what lies ahead.  

This month, there has been crochet (maybe not enough), a return to walking to school after my foot op, some stunning sunrises, a dusting of snow, hungry birds and rugby.

I hope you are all having a good weekend.  It should have been a rugby day for Matt today, but he has a rotten cold and can't play.  I'm not entirely sorry as it's freezing today, and I travelled to Southend on Wednesday and froze watching him play.  Twice in one week might be above and beyond the call of duty!  So, the fire is lit, and I am crafting, and cooking the first proper  roast since Christmas.

Keep warm.  :)

x


14 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your collage, beautifully done. Crafting in front of the fire sounds blissful. After the muddy ones have been despatched to shower and bed I shall join you. Enjoy your roast. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a really good idea doing a monthly collage......perhaps I may, it's just remembering to do it!! Yours is lovely. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my lovely, I hope your February is an improvement on January xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you a virtual hug for your happy space and your montage, I had planned to do one too, but I am not as organised as you and will do it at a later date x Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collage !!! I wish you a creative week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am hoping for a calmer week with plenty of craft time. It hasn't started that way - so the only way is up!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful collage, love the robin. I have been playing games with a robin in my garden, every time I picked up the camera he flies off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can spend hours trying to get photos of birds! The blackbird is always around - until my camera appears! Good luck. x

      Delete
  7. I really enjoy seeing people's monthly collages, they give such a nice flavour of the whole month. Crafting in front of the fire while a roast cooks sounds pretty amazing to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to end a month, I wish I knew how to do it! Love the stripy crochet cosy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I use an app called Turbo Collage - it's very easy to use. You just drag and drop the photos in. Nothing technical involved! :) x

      Delete
  9. Hi Sara,

    I thought I had already left you a message about your collage picture but can't see it so may be I thought it but didn't get around to actually doing it. You know how it is:-( a real sign of my ageing brain. Love the collage and especially happy that you included my favourite of your pics 'The Robin'. Look forward to seeing what you get up to in February.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I might try and do the same it will be a great way to remind me of the good bits that happen in life. Thanks for th inspiration .Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete