Saturday 30 May 2015

Walking in the sunshine

Hi

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.  Mark has taken Matt to watch the rugby at Twickenham today, so I have had a free day.  Having seen the weather forecast, I wanted to do something outside today, as it doesn't look hopeful for tomorrow!

I generally see my mum at some point over the weekend, so it seemed a good idea to go out for a walk with her dog.  Mum suggested a park we used to visit when my sister and I were little.  We had a gentle walk and chat and ended with a lovely cup of tea and slice of cake outside in the sunshine.  I wish I'd taken my camera - but is was so lovely, I thought I'd share the snaps I took with my phone anyway.  The park and tea rooms were pretty much as I'd remembered, although the pond was smaller!

Have a great Sunday.










9 comments:

  1. What a stunning park! I can only imagine how relaxing your outing was! Such a beautiful park! Happy weekend to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely park to go for a walk in. Glad you enjoyed it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place for a walk, and such a gorgeous dog. I bet he needs plenty of exercise though! The weather's not looking good here either today, rain at the moment. At least no watering will be required. Have a good Sunday Sara. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking dog, they are such good company aren't they? Great park for a walk even better when you can get tea and cake. Its raining here too, so no outside jobs today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I've woken up to wind and rain. I'm glad I spent yesterday outside as I will be hibernating today! x

      Delete
  5. Hey Sarah,
    We've woken up to wind and rain today. I would have liked to have got into the garden (I accidentally bought another salvia), but pottering inside will do. I love a park. Yours looks great.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a very pretty park to walk in. I'm glad the weather cooperated. The dog looks very sweet. I like his curly ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dog, is it a cross breed? I am trying to choose a future dog so checking out everyones dogs at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a working cocker spaniel. A really wonderful nature. Loves people more than dogs, but she is quite high energy! She is a great size too - proper dog, but no so big that she fills the house. Hope you've having a great weekend.
      x

      Delete