Wednesday 20 May 2015

Taking a moment

I don't know about you, but I'm usually in a rush.  Pretty much from the moment I get up, up until the end of the day.  I try to fit so much in, that sometimes I forget to enjoy what I'm doing!  And, most of what I do is enjoyable, and my choice!

This morning as I was walking back from the school run (if I can call it that - walking to school with a 17 year old, across fields and carrying his boots home?) I decided to amble back home and just check on the garden, and enjoy the moment.  (Good job I did as the sun disappeared soon after, and we were back to grey skies, wind and rain, with the odd bit of sun).

These photos were only taken with my phone, as I hadn't planned to take them, but hopefully you can see what a lovely morning it was.  









And the view this morning from my office window - a green woodpecker. 



And some jackdaws flying past - they have worked out how to get the seed out the feeders.  Such clever birds - but they eat so much!


And one of the hundreds (well it feels as if it's that many!) wood pigeons who spend the day in my garden - just taking time out for a quick bath!  



Sometimes it's ok when I'm put on "hold" on the phone and can enjoy these sights from the office.  :)

I hope you've all had a good day too.

x



11 comments:

  1. Your garden - and school run! - are gorgeous, so very pretty!!! Definitely worth taking time out to enjoy and photograph them. I am wildly jealous of your beautiful aquilegia, how lovely is that!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks wonderful. Taking the time to slow down a little makes is appreciate our surroundings more x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful garden, certainly one to enjoy you should certainly take time out to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that view is absolutely gorgeous, I'd be spending hours staring out of the window. Your garden is looking so pretty, I love the allium. I spied a clump of them in my neighbour's garden yesterday and realised how much I like them. I know what you mean about the rushing around, it's the same here. I'm rushing off to the allotment now to plant beans and sweet peas. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly seem to have a lot more in bloom in your garden than we do at present. I think there may have to be some garden time over the bank holiday weekend and possibly a trip to the garden centre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice walk and your garden is so pretty. I completely understand the need to take a moment to calm down and relax, enjoying the environment around you. I think the world would be a better place if everyone did it, and I'm glad you're making time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. QUE COLOR DE FLORES!!!
    SON PRECIOSAS NO LAS CONOZCO...
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos Sara. I love your walk and the pretty flowers in your garden.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photographs. Everything looks so green. I hope you've managed to grab some more downtime since x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara, I have recently discovered your blog via Amy's Love Made My Home. I love all your photos and had to laugh to see the pigeon in the bird bath, and your pictures of the green woodpecker. Great Spotted Woodpeckers visit our garden and I have taken a couple of pictures of them which I may show on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by. :) Good to see you. x

      Delete