Wednesday 5 June 2013

I found the dicentra!

Matt is still revising, so after work (we work from home) I am at home, so that I am on hand whilst he revises.  I don't see my job to do the revision, but to be around to provide the support and environment to get him through.

So, I am spending more time in the garden!  

Tonight I'm sharing what I missed yesterday.


The astrantia is flowering,
as is this rose in the hedge.  I don't recall it flowering before.


I thought the dicentra had died, but it has finally appeared, in amongst the greenery.


I don't know what this plant is?  Again this is the first year it has flowered.


So whilst there are some plants that have really struggled with the weather, others have flourished like never before.


This is the only alium (so far) which has flowered.  Last year there were some wonderful giant ones, which I'd bought at the Chelsea Flower Show.



I don't think you can beat the evening sunlight.  If only I could sit outside with a glass of wine and enjoy it for more than 2 minutes at a time!!

One day....

Sara x

2 comments: