Monday 1 April 2013

Garden Colour

Well, I'm a day late posting this, but I promise I did take the photos a couple of days ago.  Although, it must be said there really isn't much change in the weather is there.  A cold, Easterly wind, and grey cloud, with the odd 5 minutes of sunshine.  I'm not sure if it's better when the sun appears or not?  It tends to make me want warm, sunny days even more.

But here is the garden.  In fact, I think there is less colour than last month!  The little irises have died back (it's been so cold, I've not really appreciated them this year) and the crocuses and snow drops have finished, despite trying very hard to be jolly for a long time.


And not much has happened to take their place really.  There are more daffodils in flower, but not all of them.  Oh well, maybe April will be the month it all bursts to life?  I won't hold my breath.

But on the plus side, I have done a couple of jobs around the house - painted a radiator and the log burner, and the ironing is up to date.  I finished a couple of small crochet projects, and am up to date with card making.  So that leaves me time to get on with the ripple, and not feel I should be dividing my time with the garden at the moment.  It clearly doesn't need me!

 Not much happening here?
 Nor here!
 Frosted camelias :(
 This time last year the camellias had finished flowering!  This year there is only a few buds, and most of those have been caught by the frosts.
 But you can always reply on a few pansies and violas to brighten things up.
 And daffodils
 There are still more to flower too.

 The last of the crocuses, for this year.
The white puminaria seems to have turned bluish!

And that's my garden.
xx


3 comments:

  1. Lots of colour in your garden despite it being such a cold March. That single camellia is still glorious. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a glorious garden. I have enjoyed reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Even after the most horrid day, I never tire of looking or being outside and enjoying the tranquility. I feel very lucky. Mind you, I am hoping it warms up soon - there were more snow flurries here today!

      Delete