Monday 18 March 2013

Decorating

We have had builders in this week, repairing the ceiling after the water leak.

First the rest of the ceiling had to come down - which creates quite a lot of dust to say the least.

And then there is quite a lot of work involved putting it all back together, and making sure the electrics are right after water running through the light fitting!

I think, what I am trying to say, is that I haven't done much rippling this week - and what I have done, I've neglected to take any photos of.  (I did have a day out on Saturday though - up to London to a yarn show.  A very indulgent, happy day.)

I took some photos so you could understand.

The builders hope to finish by the end of the week, so normal crafting service will be resumed shortly, and I will try and catch up with the Ripple Along  I can see lots of great progress has been made by others this week, so I shall need to get busy at the weekend!

 The photo above is my dining room!



 The ceiling in my dining room

 Repairs waiting to be completed
 This is the conservatory, where an awful lot of my kitchen and dining room can currently be found!

Thanks for stopping by, and I am hoping to be able to share more progress next week.  xx


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've had a water leak. That looks and sounds very disruptive. I bet you're keen to get the house back to normal again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how much damage and time and mess one nail having rubbed against a floorboard over many years could cause! However on the home run now - cleaning and putting the house back together. Every cloud has a silver lining a great time for a Spring clean! And it will be nice to have a freshly decorated room with new lights.
      x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete