Monday 11 August 2014

Spain 3

Hi again

My final holiday post, this year.

As I've said before, I love the light and colours in Spain.  They seem so much more vibrant than at home.

One lunchtime, Matt asked if we could go out for lunch.  We usually eat out in the evening, as it is very hot at lunchtime, and often uncomfortable to be out and about.  But as Matt had particularly asked to go out, it seemed wrong to put it off.  Teenage boys rarely want to go out for lunch with their mum, so I need to make the most of these opportunities!

On the way down to the seafront restaurant he wanted to eat at, I couldn't resist taking photos of a few flowers.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.





The view whilst we ate lunch.  





I love this mosaic in the town.  A reminder of what it was, not very long ago.  The first time we came here, there were very few tourists, and most of the beachfront was for the local fishermen.



Goodbye - for another year.






I'm trying to get ahead of everything this week, as the operation on my foot is planned for next Monday.  I can't drive for 6 weeks, which I'm guessing isn't going to be much fun (nor for those around me if I'm honest!)  So, whilst I might not be able to take many photos over the next few weeks - I'm guessing initially that I will be needing to sit on the sofa with my foot raised, I'm hoping to do plenty of leisurely blog reading. 

x

3 comments:

  1. Those last photos reminded me very much of my homeland skies of Africa, you can almost TASTE the heat. Think of all the crochet/knit/crafting/blogging time you will have soon - hope all goes well with the foot, having been off for 6 weeks after knee surgery, it is not fun but it soon passes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have lunch with that beautiful view and your son for company. Wonderful vibrant colours and such amazing flowers. Glad you had a good time. I do hope the surgery goes well and heals quickly. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will look forward to reading whatever you may blog about whilst your foot is up, regardless of photos or not! The flowers are so beautiful, and how great that you and your son went out to lunch together. The mosaic is wonderful as well isn't it, so clever how people make these things! xx

    ReplyDelete