Sunday 1 September 2013

Last day of the school holidays

Matt is back at school now - so we are back to the manic routine it brings.  Particularly at the start of the school year.

However, Mum and I managed a wonderful, naughty slice of cake and a cuppa at some local gardens, the day before.  I would have shown you the cakes - we shared so we could try both - but I'm afraid I was so hungry, I'd eaten them before I realised!  We had an apple and rhubarb cake and a chocolate slice.  All cakes are hand made - and huge!  We will be going back.

However we didn't just go for the cake.  We really went here to look at plants, and for me to get some ideas for late summer colour to try and incorporate it in my own garden for next year.

It was beautiful.

I think the pictures speak for themselves.













The whole garden was alive with bees and butterflies.

A perfect last day of the Summer holidays.

Hope you've had a great weekend.

Sara x



1 comment:

  1. What beautiful photos. I've never come across that place but it looks wonderful, really worth a visit. x

    ReplyDelete